Don enjoys assisting clients in developing their financial goals, implementing an investment strategy customized to the client, and the continued monitoring of the client’s financial plan. He does not believe in a “one size fits all” approach and takes the time to develop strategies for clients to complement their financial objectives. In addition to being an experienced investment advisor, Don utilizes his legal background to provide expertise with estate, business, and tax planning for high net worth individuals and business owners. Don also has substantial experience and expertise in the sophisticated use of unique insurance products to mitigate investment risk.
After gaining his law degree in 1996 and his tax law degree in 1997, Don worked as a financial analyst and staff attorney for a regional Seattle financial services firm. He grew up in the Puget Sound area and moved to Medford in 2004. Don believes strongly in the independent investment advisor platform that SkyOak provides; as an investment advisor, he can advise the client without a corporate agenda from far away, such as New York, Missouri, Montana, etc. Don believes that acting as a fiduciary for clients and using fee compensation is in the best interest of the clients whenever possible.
Don and his wife, Angela, have established deep roots in Jackson County. Don and Angela have two children, Jacob and Audrey. Don has continued to be involved with local charitable organizations. He has coached youth football, basketball, and baseball since 1987. He is an Assistant Scoutmaster for a local Boy Scout Troop. Don enjoys spending time with his family, camping, fishing, and reading. [clear]
- University of Washington School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation, 1997
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1996
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor of Arts, 1991
Certificates & Licenses
- Don was admitted to the Washington Bar Association in 1996.
- General Securities Representative Exam Series 7, 1999 Uniform Securities State Law Exam Series 63, 1999
- Uniform Investment Advisor Law Examination Series 66, 2007
- Licensed for Life, Disability, Variable Life/Annuity and Long-Term Care Products