Our SkyOak Wealth Management Registered Investment Advisors provide the following services: investment management, financial planning, and financial consultation services.
As Wealth Management Advisors we provide a large array of investment and planning solutions for individuals, families, corporations, endowments & foundations. Some of the services we provide are as follows:
- Financial Goal Setting
- Financial Independence Analysis
- Current & Future Income Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Retirement Plan Consolidation and/or Analysis.
- Self-Directed IRA services
- Strategic Asset Allocation
- Selection and Management of Securities and Investments
- Active Asset Management
- Incorporating Insurance-based Solutions such as Annuities, Life Insurance & Long Term Care Insurance when appropriate
- Monitoring of investment Portfolios & Overall Investment Allocation, Income, and Goals
- Analysis & Implementation of Corporate Retirement Plans and other Employee Compensation Plans
- Providing written Investment Policy Statements
- Succession and Estate Planning
Investment Management Services
The Investment Management Services we provide are customized based on your financial circumstances, current & future income needs, and investment objectives. A member or members of our team will meet with you to discuss your current financial condition and to review your current investment holdings. Based upon your circumstances and financial goals & needs, we determine the appropriate investment strategy and asset allocation for your investment portfolio.
SkyOak generally requires clients who want active investment management to place a minimum of $250,000 under management with the Firm. For clients that want financial planning & consulting only, there is not a minimum asset size required but a set planning fee. Multiple client accounts may be aggregated to meet this minimum and under certain circumstances, and in its sole discretion, SkyOak may waive or alter the minimum account size requirement.
New Client – Advisor Relationship
In building a new client relationship, our SkyOak Advisors will follow a five-step process:
- Initial Client Interview: Our first meeting is designed to provide us with a historical framework related to your current and future investments & financial goals. We also spend time to understand your investment risk tolerance as well as past experience and understanding of investments and financial services. During this meeting we want to make sure we are a good fit for what you are looking for in not just a financial advisor, but a life advisor.
- Contractual Agreement & Data Gathering: If there is a mutual commitment to work in a client-advisor relationship, we will contractually agree to perform either Financial Planning and /or Investment Management Services at an agreed upon fee. We will then request certain documents and information from you and/or your other professional advisors. This will include but not be limited to current investment, retirement and bank account statements, cost basis information, real estate holdings, current income documents, tax returns, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and insurance policies.
- Review of Financial Data, Client Profile and Objectives: We will assess your current financial status, cash & current income needs, future cash & income needs, risk tolerance, experience, and objectives. Using our experience and knowledge with the large array of services, products and solutions that we offer and have access to, we will propose a customized investment strategy and/or financial plan.
- Discussion of Recommendations and Investment Plan: We will schedule a second meeting with you to discuss our recommendations and provide you a written investment plan or financial plan, if applicable. The length of time for this meeting will be dependent on complexity.
- Implementation of Investment Strategy, Portfolio Design, and Plan: If agreed on by the Parties, we will implement the investment strategy and investment plan. If there is additional research to complete, we will initialize the first steps and schedule additional meetings or calls to address the other pending items. We will also provide a transparent analysis of any fees that you will be charged by SkyOak as well as other fees you may encounter from transitioning to our firm.
Investment Management Service Fee Agreement
Under SkyOak’s Investment Management Service Fee Agreement, our Advisors will provide you the following services on an ongoing basis:
- Determine suitable investments and asset allocation strategies that are consistent with your resources, investment objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance.
- Implement investment and asset allocation strategies.
- Monitor and rebalance your investment allocations & overall strategy as needed.
- Provide you with basic account services such as updating information and services relative to name or address changes, or changes to investment deposit or withdrawal instructions.
- Recommend modifications to your investment strategies consistent with any substantial changes in your personal financial situation.
- Conduct periodic investment reviews, at least annually, with you to discuss investment performance and related macroeconomic issues, as well as update your financial circumstances and, if applicable, your financial plan.
Investment Management Services Fee Schedule:
|Fees on Assets Under Management¹|
|Over $250,000 but under $1,000,000||1.25%|
|Over $1,000,000 but under $5,000,000||1.00%²|
|Over $5,000,000 but under $10,000,000||0.80%²|
|Over $10,000,000 but under $25,000,000||0.65%²|
1 – All fees are from $1
2 – Basic Financial Planning is included