Irrespective of your job or how close you are to retirement, life will be better at age 60 the sooner you start investing. Your savings will earn you more money every year if you start investing now. As a result, you will have a head start, make more investments along the way, and typically end up with a significant nest egg at retirement. Then, you can live your best life and satisfy your yearnings for all the finer things in life.
An RIA (retirement investment advisor) can help you manage your money and meet your financial goals. Moreover, an RIA can assist you with building an investment portfolio and make suggestions on tax-effective strategies. From offering investment management services and budgeting to financial planning, an RIA can help you with it all.
Forbes notes the three main benefits of working with financial advisors: balancing, proactive retirement planning, and diversification. Therefore, hiring a skilled, knowledgeable RIA should be your utmost priority during your retirement investment planning. If you have unsuccessfully searched for “RIA agents near me,” then this guide will help you find financial advisors in your vicinity and give tips on how to select the best one.
RIA Agents Near Me: How to Find a Reliable Financial Advisor
1. Have a Clear Understanding of Your Needs
The first step is to decide the kind of financial advisor you want working with you. If you prefer a “tech-run world” where you do not need an actual person for guidance, robotic advisors may be for you. However, if you are specifically looking for an RIA in your area, you probably want an in-person consultation.
If you have complex financial matters and a diverse portfolio, then look for traditional financial advisors that have one of the following titles:
- Financial Consultants
- Certified Financial Planners
- Wealth Managers
- Registered Investment Advisors
2. Check Background and Certifications
If you are hiring a traditional RIA, you should check their website for clients’ reviews. You probably have specific questions about your finances and the agent’s background, and your first meeting is an excellent time to find out the answers. Furthermore, be sure you double-check their certifications. Anyone can call themselves a financial advisor, but you certainly do not want an amateur to handle your money.
For Robo or online advisors, please read the reviews on third-party websites to learn about these advisor’s competence and level of customer satisfaction.
3. Choose the Services
Your compatibility with an RIA will depend on the services you need:
- Robo advisors are ideal options for low-cost and basic investments.
- Online advisors offer you holistic advice on insurance, estate planning, and other investment decisions. You can access online resources, making these advisors somewhat similar to Robo advisors. But the difference is that you can contact the company’s human team for advanced solutions.
- Traditional, in-person agents are best if you require complicated services, such as impact investing.
Find an RIA Near You
Instead of searching for “RIA agents near me” and risk nonlocal options bombarding you, use either of the following resources to find an RIA in your region. They have only certified advisors in their listings, so you will not have to go through the hassle of the due diligence yourself.
- NAPFA — helps you find an RIA in your locality. You can search by your location or zip code, whichever is more convenient. After finding financial advisors in your region, add them to your favorites list and send them your details with just a few clicks.
- Smart Asset — start by entering your zip code into the search bar, then answer a few simple questions about your financial goals and current situation. The website will match you with the top three pre-screened and qualified financial advisors in your area. Then, you can use the online tools to book an appointment with the RIA of your choice.
To sum up, you should rely on an RIA who knows what they are doing, has credible certifications, and falls within your budget. A knowledgeable financial advisor will ensure your money ends up in the right places and multiplies with a high return on investment every year.
A wealth management company like Sky Oak can help you with comprehensive financial planning and investment management.